13 Pretty WordPress Themes

13 Pretty and Feminine Wordpress Themes |

One of the most crucial things your blog needs is a great theme. While good content is important and the #1 reason people will keep visiting your blog (that, or to hate-read you), I think design is king. It’s the first thing that will grab people’s attention, after all.

Honestly speaking, I cannot stand bad design. Even if the content is interesting, I’m bound to stop reading because it’s just not a pleasant experience. A good theme is clean, organized, and readable. It also has to be responsive because a lot of people read blogs on their mobiles or tablets. Fortunately, the majority of themes these days are optimized for different screens (though my theme’s carousel is wonky on wide screens like the iMac SADFACE).

Finding a theme for your WordPress blog can be overwhelming because there are so many nice ones out there, so I thought I’d round up my current favorites. A lot of these are premium themes but I included three that are free. Please note that these are all for self-hosted WordPress blogs, meaning you need your own hosting and it won’t work on a site.

1. Rosemary, $38 | Live Demo

2. Josephine, $43 | Live Demo

3. FREE: Sela | Live Demo

4. Isabelle, $79 | Live Demo

5. FREE: Mary Kate | Live Demo

Pretty and Feminine WordPress Themes

6. Zarja, $43 | Live Demo (sidebar version)

7. Olivie, $79 | Live Demo

8. FREE: Sugar and Spice | Live Demo

Pretty and Feminine WordPress Themes

9. Frida, $38 | Live Demo (Serious version)

10. Shimmer, $50 + $59.95 for the Genesis Framework | Live Demo

11. Memory, $58 | Live Demo

12. Jasmine, $70 | Live Demo

Pretty and Feminine WordPress Themes

13. AweBlog, $43 | Live Demo (Fashion & Lifestyle)

Pretty and Feminine WordPress Themes

I think it’s totally worth shelling out money on a premium theme because they’re easily customizable and are constantly updated. You also get customer and tech support from the theme maker/s, so you don’t have to keep googling if you have questions, are clueless with certain things, or if something suddenly stops working.

*Photos without Bibi the cat were taken from CreativeMarket or the theme designers themselves.

What theme are you currently using? :)
PS: Don’t forget! It’s Friday’s 10 Happy Things tomorrow!

• Reply Princess June 18, 2015 at 11:45 am

Oh my. Mary Kate is so lovelovelove… But too pricey. haha

• Reply Helga June 18, 2015 at 11:59 am

Hi Princess, Mary Kate has premium and free versions. I linked the free one. :)

• Reply Aneth June 18, 2015 at 11:58 am

I’ve always wanted to move to WordPress because it’s easier to use and the themes are way much cooler and (I guess) easier to tweak than in Blogger but I’m still waiting for my domain to expire before I finally switch to WordPress. These themes are crazily beautiful but they’re just so expensive :( I fell in love with Rosemary but I just can’t afford $38 for that beautiful thing huhuhuhuhu :(

• Reply Helga June 18, 2015 at 12:01 pm

Will you be getting a new domain name, too? :)

• Reply Aneth June 18, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Hmmm.. I don’t know yet eh. I still have three months to think about that lol

• Reply Trisha June 18, 2015 at 12:27 pm

This post came just in time!

I recently switched hosting accounts and decided to move everything from my own CMS (which is really outdated, I just couldn’t keep up!) to WordPress.

Because I had to move and restructure the posts and the comments, that meant having to give up my previous sunflower layout and picking out a minimalist theme for the meantime.

I would love to create my own theme so I could really call my blog my own but I just don’t have the time right now to plan, design, and even learn designing for mobile devices (if you know any tutorials I could read regarding this last part, I appreciate any pointers you could give me! ;-) ).

I might as well go for any of the three themes that you mentioned here or look for other ones that would fit my fancy. <3

• Reply Helga June 29, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Glad to help, Trisha! :)

• Reply Alissa June 18, 2015 at 12:39 pm

I’m using Shiroi Hana but I wanna change theme with the featured posts on the side. I’m still searching. I’m gonna check the themes you listed here. They looks soo pretty!

• Reply Helga June 29, 2015 at 12:45 pm

I considered Shiroi Hana but went with Sabana!

• Reply Tony June 18, 2015 at 2:18 pm

Sugar and Spice is gorgeous. (And free!! Ha but what am I so happy about I don’t even have my own domain.)

I always knew that WordPress has prettier themes and I don’t even know and can’t remember why I signed up for Blogger instead. I’ve been thinking of restarting my blog and shipping everything to WordPress, since the themes look much neater, but my blog’s already 2 1/2 years old and I don’t know if I can let go. CRIES

• Reply Helga June 29, 2015 at 12:46 pm

I think you can export your entries naman but you might lose the comments. :)

• Reply Nickle Love June 18, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Great selection! I used Sugar and Spice for the longest time, but switched when I wanted a header. I’ll check out Mary Kate

• Reply Corinth June 18, 2015 at 3:32 pm

Aaaah… All these themes make me want to move! But I tried WordPress for a bit kasi nga I was so indecisive about Squarespace but WORDPRESS is 10x more confusing than squarespace. :(

• Reply Alyssa June 18, 2015 at 4:26 pm

I’m currently using the Gateway theme but planning to switch to Mary Kate :)

• Reply Mikyu Maglasang June 18, 2015 at 9:38 pm

I agree with you regarding design! I judge the blog by its appearance before its content. I don’t usually read blogs with a messy look, hahaha. Maybe there are exceptions, though. :p

• Reply Beauty By Tellie June 19, 2015 at 12:06 am

I want to pay for a theme so bad because aesthetics are a weak point of mine but the ones I find for Blogger are so baduy. whaaaay. Am I just a dumb searcher??

• Reply Camille Puche June 19, 2015 at 8:37 am

Agree! Thanks for sharing some themes!! :3

• Reply Helga June 29, 2015 at 12:47 pm

Sure thing, Camille!

• Reply Robin Faigmane June 19, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Ahh! Must try one of these themes. Tho i’m a guy blogger, some tinkering might do the trick!

• Reply Jhanz June 19, 2015 at 6:10 pm

I wanna move to WordPress na din tuloy! But I have to find the best hosting team yet heheeh :D

• Reply Justine June 19, 2015 at 6:48 pm

Had I known about the free version of Mary Kate I wouldn’t have bought my current theme! Hahahaha my frugal bitch talking.

• Reply Helga June 29, 2015 at 12:47 pm

You can always earn the money back!!! #ComfortingWords

• Reply astrid June 21, 2015 at 12:01 pm

Gaah thanks for this! I actually have my own hosting account but moved my blog out to because they took it down and i’m paranoid na. but this will come in handy someday!

• Reply Jean June 22, 2015 at 2:08 pm

Ang gaganda! I need to learn how to do this. First a shift from Blogger to WordPress and then hosting (?) it and stuff? Or just pay someone to do it for me? hahaha

• Reply Jamie June 22, 2015 at 11:55 pm

I’m using Sela!!! :) Yayyy. Does that mean my blog’s pretty? LOL. #fishing

• Reply Pam July 5, 2015 at 8:13 pm

Thank you so much for this Helga! :) Hopefully I can pretty-fy na my blog with these themes! Also, your gold-dotted pouch looks super cute!

• Reply dementia July 31, 2015 at 12:08 am

Ooooh thanks for posting this. I want Isabelle pero medyo mahal. I must save up for it.

• Reply It’s a start of something new | TOFFEENUT! August 8, 2015 at 4:44 pm

[…] the results are either usually not my type or super pretty paid themes. Good thing I came across Helga’s 13 Pretty WordPress Themes post and saw a couple of pretty WordPress themes that are actually free. I got this current theme […]

• Reply Yanie August 17, 2015 at 3:33 pm

Memory is so beautiful yet so expensive! ;~; + I don’t have a card yet so I can’t purchase it :( I’m currently using sugar and spice! Mary Kate seems nice too but the free version doesn’t work so yeah.

• Reply Self-Hosting FAQ & Resources | Mad Cherry August 24, 2015 at 9:27 am

[…] 13 Pretty WordPress Themes – Most of the links are for premium themes. If you want to go all out on your new space, try one of the themes featured in this post. […]

• Reply Summer Babe’s Big Move | Summer Babe August 27, 2015 at 5:27 pm

[…] didn’t actually notice that it’s one of the cutesy themes that Helga included in her recent post. It has clear instructions too and when I tried looking at other blogs that use the same theme, I […]

• Reply Lovely September 26, 2015 at 3:27 pm