hair & beauty, sponsored

5 Weeks Later: Safeguard Derma Sense Facial Cleanser

Safeguard Derma Sense for Acne Prone Skin Review |

Over a month ago, I added Safeguard Derma Sense for Acne Prone Skin (both facial cleanser and body wash) to my daily skin care routine. Have I noticed a difference?

Safeguard Derma Sense is Safeguard’s newest skin care line and comes in two variants: for Acne Prone Skin and for Sensitive Skin. It’s non-comedogenic, hypo-allergenic, and has been dermatologically-tested to reduce mild to moderate acne in as little as 8 weeks. Derma Sense doesn’t merely cleanse the surface of your skin; it goes deep down in your pores to get rid of trapped bacteria and clear out acne-causing germs. It also contains salicylic acid that helps prevent and clear pimples and blemishes.

After ~2 weeks of use, the pimples on my right cheek have cleared up but the pimple on my left cheek is still noticeable, even with makeup.

Safeguard Derma Sense for Acne Prone Skin Review |

I’ve been using Safeguard Derma Sense for Acne Prone Skin almost daily for the last ~five weeks. As a commuter, I even carry it with me in my bag sometimes!

Here are the things I love about it:

It’s mild but it’s strong enough to remove makeup. The only time I wear heavy makeup is when I line my lids with gel liner and I find that Derma Sense does a great job at taking it off. I just have to gently massage my eye lids and poof, no more panda eyes. I love this because I can skip the virgin coconut oil at night.

It’s very moisturizing. Since it’s non-comedogenic, it breaks down excess oil on our skin without stripping it of necessary moisture. Of course, I still slather on moisturizer after cleansing!

Safeguard Derma Sense for Acne Prone Skin Review |

Click to zoom in

It works for me. When I started using the cleanser, I had a smattering of pimples across my face. My skin still isn’t completely clear but the pimples on my right cheek and forehead are gone… as well as the pimple on my left cheek! :D There are still spots and blemishes and I hope those will go away with continued use.

Safeguard Derma Sense for Acne Prone Skin Review |

It also works for others! I posted a photo on Instagram a few weeks ago and someone told me she uses the body wash and it prevents back acne/bacne. I am a fan of the minty smell the body wash has, I just wish it had a cooling effect to match the scent.

So far, I’m really satisfied for Safeguard Derma Sense. I tend to not have high hopes when it comes to commercial facial cleansers because I’ve been disappointed so many times in the past. I’m glad that not only did Derma Sense help clear my ugly zits, it didn’t give me any bumps, whiteheads, dry patches, and other skin problems that I usually encounter when I try out a new product. I would definitely recommend this to those wanting clearer, healthier-looking skin.

Even Aryanna trusts Safeguard Derma Sense!

For more info, visit Safeguard Philippines’ website and like them on Facebook.

Have you tried the Safeguard Derma Sense line? How did you like it?

This is a sponsored post but all opinions are mine.

• Reply Cae July 1, 2015 at 12:18 am

I’ve been meaning to try this out but I haven’t read enough reviews. I currently have breakouts on my forehead. I can see the difference from the first time you used it. I guess it’s high time I try it myself :)

• Reply Helga July 1, 2015 at 11:28 am

Hope it works for you! :)

• Reply Trisha July 1, 2015 at 10:43 am

I’m not acne-prone but my younger sister is. I’ll tell my mom to let her try the body wash for her back acne!

• Reply Helga July 1, 2015 at 11:28 am

LOOOOVE the body wash!

• Reply Tony July 1, 2015 at 2:26 pm

I remember arguing with my dad a few days ago about facial wash and he said that Safeguard (the regular soap) is enough. I don’t have major acne probs, but it’s great to know that it’s also an effective make-up remover and moisturizer. I think I might give it a try. :)

• Reply Helga July 3, 2015 at 12:22 pm

I tried the white bar soap before on my face and it made my skin super dry so I got pimples! I think it’s too harsh. :)

• Reply Corinth July 1, 2015 at 2:28 pm

You can really see the improvement on your skin! I wish we had that here kasi I feel like my skincare routine has drastically stopped working for me. It’s like I’m back to zero. Anyway, it’s nice to know that there are still BIG companies out there that produce products that work!

• Reply Helga July 3, 2015 at 12:25 pm

I hope you find a regimen that works for you, Corinth!!!

• Reply Jhanz July 1, 2015 at 5:01 pm

Interesting! I have really bad acne (to the point that treatments are proven kind of useless) so I’ve always been on the look out of products that would hopefully work for me… I’ll try this one out soon! Hehe! :D

• Reply Jhecel July 2, 2015 at 1:58 pm

I should tell my Nanay to buy this one instead of the regular Safeguard. I’d love to see if this can prevent my pimples.

• Reply Mae July 2, 2015 at 2:58 pm

I’ve always stuck to Safeguard ever since I lived in the Philippines for uni, I should definitely try this new product! I only hope they’ll have it where I’m from. :'(

• Reply Bae Milanes July 2, 2015 at 3:08 pm

Been thinking of trying it out, but I’m too old to still believe in commercial products but then I saw your review, so what the heck. I shall trust what Helga says. Also, can u not do cute blogs anymore. I’ve read back to like 5 of your haircolor/artsy fartsy posts before I remembered I have work to do. Lels.

• Reply Hazel Asoy July 7, 2015 at 2:20 pm

I’ve been seeing positive feedbacks about Safeguard Derma sense. I do want to try this out because my face specially my cheeks and chin are are really prone to acne.

Live Blog Love by Hazel Asoy

• Reply sheena January 23, 2016 at 11:46 am

Hi!.i want to try this..but i wanna try the safeguard derma sense for sensitive skin..i wanna ask if it has the same effect with safeguard derma sense acne prone skin?.i just have little bumps on my face then numbers of pimples..thanks

• Reply jordan February 14, 2016 at 2:29 am

Helga.are u sure that the derma sense facial wash works…

• Reply Helga February 17, 2016 at 3:41 pm

Hi Jordan, it worked for me when I used it daily. :) I’ve since switched facial cleansers because I’m trying a new one. :)

• Reply Yuki June 24, 2016 at 2:29 am

Nice. I can see the beautiful improvements with that soap. I will surely try that one very very soon! btw I like your hair.

• Reply Ja July 17, 2016 at 2:12 pm

Hey Helga! Can i know your email! I want to ask more questions about safeguard derma S (pink) (soap and facial).
    Nagkakaron ako ng problem ngayon and medyo nawawalan na ko ng confi kapg maaaraw :( Hope i can get a reply

• Reply Helga July 19, 2016 at 11:28 am

Hi Ja! If it’s a serious acne problem, you might need something more than commercial cleansers/soaps.

• Reply Ja July 19, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Hi! i BOUGHT the pink/red soap. is this the one? it says sensitve skin. TIA
        Yeaaaa. now i’m using the honey thereapy. but i can’t find a “RAW HONEY” all i can find is “RAW WILD HONEY” :(

• Reply Helga August 22, 2016 at 11:03 am

Hi Ja! I used the soap for my body but I focused on the facial cleanser more. :)

• Reply Ericka August 20, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Hi. Did you use the one for Acne Prone Skin or the Sensitive Skin? When do you use them? I mean which time of day and how many times a day? Hope you’ll reply :) Thank you. Great Review by the way! :)

• Reply Helga August 22, 2016 at 11:02 am

I used both but used the one for Acne Prone Skin more. I used it twice a day (morning and night). :)

• Reply Faye Castro October 6, 2016 at 11:14 am

Hi. I’m using the Facial Cleanser for Acne prone skin for 2 days now. I observed that it’s the not like the usual facial cleansers that has bubbles in it it feels like a hair conditioner on my face. Is that normal? :)