the sunday currently

The Sunday Currently // 24

The Sunday Currently |

I just finished Junot Diaz’s This Is How You Lose Her and I haven’t decided what to read next. I have Rich Bitch, The Beautiful and Damned, Good Omens, and The Catastrophic History of You and Me (finally found my copy after having misplaced it) to choose from.

A script. We also have a pitch/presentation coming up so I’ll be working on that all week.

Finally getting around to watching Coherence.

To a lot of OPM pop: Donnalyn Bartolome, Yumi/Thyro, James Reid, Nadine Lustre, Sarah Geronimo etc. I’m a bit gutted that I won’t be going to the Vandals on the Wall anniversary gig on Saturday because Yumi and Thyro will be performing. I WANT TO MEET YUMI.

Of selling my dSLR and just buying the XA-2 or the EOS M3. Joey, please buy my dSLR!

Also thinking of what to do with this shrimp I’m having for dinner. Do I just simmer them in butter and garlic or do I use my Thai chili basil garlic stir-fry mix?

I figure out what I want to do my life soon LOL. I need to move closer to work (considering a condo-share type of thing in Eastwood) but I’m hesitant to move out because I like living with the cats and not paying rent.

Potato Corner fries and other snacky food. I have a bag of popcorn BUT WE DON’T HAVE A MICROWAVE AT HOME.

The new Archie! I went to Comic Odyssey last night and it was sold out. I hope Filbar’s at Market Market still has copies. Related: Riverdale the TV show I AM FLIPPING OUT.

Physically, a little sore with an achy back and hips (old age). Emotionally, relieved. :)

Add me on Snapchat! My username is helgatheweber.

How was your weekend? :)

• Reply Dan July 12, 2015 at 9:57 pm

Old age…

• Reply Helga July 14, 2015 at 6:05 pm

It’s so true, tho :(

• Reply Aneth July 12, 2015 at 9:59 pm

Are you gonna sell your new dslr?? Why did you buy it in the first place? Haha sorry I sound like a mom. How much will you sell it? Hope you get a buyer na!

• Reply Helga July 14, 2015 at 6:08 pm

I CAN’T DECIDE!!!

I got it because I’m comfortable using dSLRs/Canon + the swivel LCD + I already had a 50mm f1.8 lens.

I want the XA-2 cos it’s smaller but it doesn’t have a remote. :(

• Reply Nicole July 12, 2015 at 10:14 pm

Omigosh I love Yumi and Thyro too <33 Their voices are soo good and the beats in their music are AMAZING ;u;

• Reply Helga July 14, 2015 at 6:34 pm

I like the fast stuff better than the ones on their album!

• Reply Justine July 12, 2015 at 11:28 pm

How did you like This Is How You Lose Her? Maybe I’m too much of a shallow reader that I didn’t really understand it? Or there were too many Hispanic terms that I got lost in it all? Very strong writing, though.

If you move closer to work but only have to walk to the office then that’s a good payoff right? Hope you reach a conclusion soon!

I can’t wait until I get to eat Potato Corner again. Post-tonsillectomy diet is a bitch.

I’ve read the new Archie already (SO NICE OMG) but I want to get the physical copy! I hope they have it in this city, hehe. If not I have to ask Manila friends to buy it for me.

• Reply Helga July 14, 2015 at 6:35 pm

Yeah, the Hispanic terms were a bit of a hassle and I got tired of googling them all after a while haha. I still liked it, though!

Eastwood is still far from BGC but I like that there’s a bus that leaves for Newport and stops at BGC every half hour.

• Reply Dani July 13, 2016 at 4:05 am

If you are still looking for a place to move in to, we have one in Mckinley (Venice) it’s very near BGC. Studio type condo unit.

• Reply Mikyu Maglasang July 12, 2015 at 11:52 pm

Nice move on selling your DSLR! I mean uso na din kasi yung mga mirrorless or micro four thirds for their sizes. :P

• Reply Chel July 13, 2015 at 12:04 am

I love Archie! I hope you get your hands on it!

• Reply Trisha July 13, 2015 at 12:08 am

I have an ebook copy of This Is How You Lose Her and I first started reading it after my ex and I first broke up. When we got back together I stopped, and then I forgot to pick up where I left off after we broke up again. LOL

I wanna read the Archie reboot too! Hope you get a copy soon. I think my brother mentioned earlier he’s read it. Probably found a bootleg copy somewhere. XD

• Reply Michelle July 13, 2015 at 7:02 am

Just came across your blog and i’m in love! Mind checking mine out, and maybe follow?

-Michelle xx

instagram: @pastellights (

• Reply moki July 13, 2015 at 9:51 am

Teh!!! May playlist ba kayo nung mga OPM na pwedeng ifollow?!?! Penge link :))

• Reply Jhanz July 13, 2015 at 3:30 pm

Haha at old age! You’re not that old no! :) Also: why are you selling your dSLR? Hehe I wanna buy it as I want to finally upgrade from my old 1000d BUT I want an underwater camera so uhm priorities I guess?

Anyway, I hope you sort things out with regards to your big move. Paying rent is a pain (in my case I think) so I still endure traveling from QC to Malabon (although it isn’t that bad as it sounds hehe). Good luck!!!

• Reply Helga July 14, 2015 at 7:12 pm

I had an underwater camera (it’s matakaw sa battery because you need to use flash) but my dad took it. :(

• Reply sarah July 13, 2015 at 9:08 pm

“I like living with the cats and not paying rent.” diz doe haha!

• Reply Helga July 14, 2015 at 7:18 pm

It’s true, tho :(

• Reply Corinth July 14, 2015 at 11:21 am

Did you like Coherence?

• Reply Helga July 14, 2015 at 7:57 pm

So I called Joey and he told me it wasn’t scary

So I put on The 100 instead

• Reply Kah July 14, 2015 at 1:05 pm

Home massages are love <3 Anyway, what do you think of This Is How You Lose Her? I initially deleted it from my iBooks and thinking of downloading it again. :)

• Reply Christine July 15, 2015 at 11:24 pm

XA-2 is great! I like smaller camera’s. It’s easier to hide inside my purse and for traveling.

• Reply Wednesday Wonderland: Vol. 2 | Belle Infini November 26, 2015 at 12:18 am

[…] got another set of list here. You can try it too, you know! : […]