My 5 Favorite Wellness Apps

My 5 Favorite Wellness Apps |

I have over 50 apps installed in my phone. That’s not a lot, really, but it’s more than enough when you only have a 16GB iPhone model! Most of my apps are for social media and editing photos but I also have a few health and wellness ones that I thought I’d share with you guys today.

There are a lot of meditation apps available but I went with Headspace because Joey recommended it (we’re buddies there so we can check up on each other).

Headspace App

You start with taking 10 minutes out of each day to clear your head and just let your mind be, for 10 consecutive days. The app allows you to set daily reminders (it’s recommended that you meditate at the same time each day so that you form a habit) and mindful moments. You can also upgrade to premium for $12.99/month of $94.99/year to personalize your Headspace journey and gain access to a bunch of things. It’s spendy so I just use the free version.

Period trackers are a must-have for girls and Clue is one of the few rare ones that isn’t pink/pastel and cutesy.

Clue App

The app was confusing at first but I finally got the hang of it after a few tries. I especially like that I can set reminders for myself, like when my period is about to start or when it’s time to take my pill.

Fitness freaks will benefit the most from Argus but I still use it even though I’m a lazy dumpling.

Argus App

Your main page is your timeline, with your data displayed in a honeycomb structure so you can see everything at a glance. I use it mainly as a pedometer (though it took a while for me to figure out how to disable tracking while I’m in a moving vehicle) and as a rough estimate to see how many calories I burn while sleeping and while being a sedentary office monkey.

The app also detects faster movement and will automatically pull up the run option. Smart, huh? It does eat up your battery, though, but will still track your movement even when your phone is dead.

When you spend 4 hours on the road commuting, it’s kind of hard to squeeze in a workout. To be honest, I’ve given up on exercise and just try to walk and avoid Cheetos as much as I can to make up for it.

Sworkit App

Sworkit is for workouts but I use it for its stretching routines because I AM OLD AND I WAKE UP WITH A SORE BODY EVERY DAY. There are several routines available and you can select how much time you want to spend working out. I find that 5 minutes of stretching is enough to maintain this beautiful dumpling-shaped body of mine that attracts all of last season’s Candy Cuties.

Lumosity challenges your brain’s memory, attention, flexibility, speed, and problem solving with scientifically designed training.

Lumosity App

In short, it’s an app that makes you smarter through little games. They’re actually kind of fun and you just need to do them thrice a week! In due time, I will be smarter than Joey and trust that I will constantly remind him of this very important fact every chance I get. :)

What are your favorite wellness/health apps? :)

• Reply Kisty August 12, 2015 at 6:10 pm

Ooh, I’m curious about Lumosity and Headspace. Will download them in a while. :)

• Reply Helga August 13, 2015 at 9:36 pm

Seriously thinking about paying for Headspace!!!

• Reply Alex August 12, 2015 at 6:19 pm

I had to laugh out loud at the period tracker, because mine is unabashedly pink and even has a cat on it telling me I’m already late, as usual. xD

• Reply Helga August 14, 2015 at 4:48 pm

• Reply Justine August 12, 2015 at 6:20 pm

Good thing you tried Clue!! It really is the best app EVER for period trackers <3 also has a sex tracker LMAO.

I use Headspace a lot. I think I'm planning to buy the full version. Just really helps! I also use Flowy, it's this anxiety app for when my mind goes haywire.

• Reply Helga August 17, 2015 at 11:26 am

I want the full Headspace version, too! I’ve been slacking because of the weekend. I asked Joey if I could meditate while lying down HAHAHJAHAHA.

• Reply Trish August 12, 2015 at 11:27 pm

Downloading Clue right now! I’m so bad at keeping track of my period, I randomly blurt out dates when asked for it during check-ups. Haha

• Reply Helga August 17, 2015 at 11:27 am

I did that last time and the doctor told me I needed to take a pregnancy test LOL.

• Reply Jae August 12, 2015 at 11:35 pm

OK, I’m switching to Clue now! I can’t handle the girliness of the monthly cycle app I’m currently using. Hahaha!

• Reply Laura August 13, 2015 at 12:12 am

Luminosity reminds me of that Nintendo DS game I used to play call Brain Age. I’m intrigued about Clue though, looks really awesome.

• Reply Beauty By Tellie August 13, 2015 at 1:03 am

OMGA this list is amazing! Downloading everything except maybe Argus. That’s a little too much health-freakish and it’s offending my twenty-something I’m-invincible-mindset.

• Reply Nickle Love August 13, 2015 at 2:30 am

My period tracker is pink. LOL. Not a big fan of it though but it’s the “best” I found when I searched before. So I just DLed Clue and gonna try it.

I have the 7 minute workout app which I only tried once and I kinda passed out after 4 minutes. I had a different app before, I want warm ups lang din coz I don’t have any activity so I’m gonna try the app you’re using too.

I use NeuroNation naman for the brain exercise, but I keep forgetting to use it.

• Reply Alyssa Panghulan August 15, 2015 at 1:32 pm

Haha. I passed out after the whole 7 minutes when I tried that app, too! Guess it was because I didnt do warm ups. :))))))

• Reply Pam August 13, 2015 at 7:51 am

Is it weird not to have a period tracker? Well, I don’t have any wellness app in my phone installed right now. I used to have one for counting calories and tracking how much I’ve burned but I deleted them already. I’ll try one of those to challenge myself…. maybe Lumosity and Argus.. and maybe Clue someday or whenever my normal period is back.

• Reply Corinth August 13, 2015 at 2:01 pm

I do not track my period because I didn’t like the apps I tried before and I just quit trying to find one that actually works. I downloaded Clue and I hope I’ll be able to get the hang of it! I use Carrot App for my 7-minute in Hell workouts and I use My Fitness Pal to watch my calorie intake which I actually stopped using because counting calories made me feel unhappy like I WANT TO EAT THIS AND THAT BUT I CAN’T BECAUSE MY APP TOLD ME SO :(. I also use MapMyRun or Nike Run for when I do go for a run.

• Reply Monique August 13, 2015 at 2:30 pm

I love Lumosity! Elevate is another brain app I would recommend :) Headspace sounds like something I could use. Thanks for the great list!

• Reply Helga August 17, 2015 at 11:28 am

I’ll look up Elevate! Thanks :)

• Reply Aye Laniton August 13, 2015 at 5:28 pm

Wow, I never thought installing any wellness apps on my phone, but I think I should give them a try!

• Reply Alyssa Panghulan August 13, 2015 at 9:23 pm

Omigash. I have Headspace, Clue, and Lumosity but I use Clue the most amongst the 3. Haha. Headspace has been really useful to me dati, but now I rarely/ almost never use it. As for Lumosity, I use it when I get bored sometimes. XD I had another app similar to Sworkit before but I was too lazy to even open the app so I had it deleted. I might try downloading Argus. You should also try Plant Nanny if you haven’t already. It’s a really cute way to keep track of you water intake. :)

• Reply Lou Castaneda August 14, 2015 at 1:59 am

I’m seriously in need of a period tracker. I sometimes get 4 consecutive months of no red days, which is really alarming. I think balance diet is a must for me. Clue will really help! Thanks.

• Reply Grace August 14, 2015 at 1:25 pm

That’s not normal :(

• Reply Helga August 17, 2015 at 4:42 pm

You might have PCOS! Please see an OBGYNE. :)

• Reply Grace August 14, 2015 at 1:34 pm

I’m using SimplePeriod and Cycles to track my menstrual cycles. I noticed that karamahan sa mga period trackers talaga girly girly haha! I’ll download Clue and Headspace in a while.

• Reply Bernadine August 14, 2015 at 9:29 pm

I’m on the period tracker with the cat who tells me when I’m close to my period too! It’s absolutely embarrassing, but soooooo convenient for the few times I’ve fucked my phone, as it backs up data via your email! Super curious about how you’re doing with your pill, btw! Took me ages to find one suited for me tbh

• Reply Kristine August 17, 2015 at 12:48 pm

I love Clue, but before I discovered Clue, I used iPeriod. As for meditation apps, I use Calm. It’s awesome! And totally cheaper than Headspace. I used to use Fitbit app to sync to my fitbit, but haven’t used it since early this year. It’s odd how many of us rely on technology to get us physically active. I’m gonna check out Sworkit.

• Reply Patria September 6, 2015 at 10:09 am

Thank you for sharing this! I downloaded Headspace and I fell in love with it the first time I used it! Seriously thinking about subscribing but I’m poor. Lol.