Welcome to Friday’s 10 Happy Things where I/we list ten things that made us smile this week so that we can start the weekend on an even more positive note!
I missed last week’s. Too many things were happening and I was overflowing with all these ridiculous, contrasting emotions that I needed to shut down. My body did and I found myself down with the flu so I decided to give everything— work, blogging, socializing— a rest.
EVERYTHING IS OKAY NOW, I THINK.
- Carly Rae Jepsen. Where do I begin? I met her, I talked to her, I hugged her, I saw her perform for the second time in my life and my fangirl heart has never been so happy.
CARLY HUGGED ME AND SAID SHE LOVED MY HAIR AND THEN WE HUGGED EACH OTHER DURING THE ENTIRE GROUP PHOTO pic.twitter.com/9In5Xq6alM
— Li'l Windmill (@BestInHelga) September 13, 2015
- Joey is back home from his 3-week business Eurotrip. I woke up beside him today. ♥
- De-cluttering my closet and filling up 5 and half bags with crap that I’ve been holding on to for the sake of owning things. I had so many clothes with the tags still on and I feel ashamed, like I don’t ever deserve to shop again. Feels good realizing that though, because I think I’ll be more conscious when I shop now.
- My new office desk/spot is right next to a wall so it’s super cozy and nap-friendly.
- Having a regular lunch group at work.
- I’m getting better at makeup! Contouring is now a daily part of my life.
- The Mindy Project, Empire, Scandal, and How to Get Away With Murder are back! I’m not sure how I’m going to keep up with all four since I’ve also been binge-watching The Office (I’m now on season 5).
- Carlycat has found a playmate in Kukicat. I gave Carly a bath yesterday and she started meowing desperately, which concerned Kuki because she jumped up on the sink to check in on her. I hope they become cuddle buddies eventually!
- Joey says he’s going to get me the iPhone 6S!!! I can’t wait to have a pretty rose gold phone.
- I’m no longer sick. What’s the point of living if you can’t taste your food?
Hope your long weekend is off to a good start!
I MADE A BUTTON! Since this is a link-up, it would be fantastic if more people joined so I added the option for you guys to include the button at the end of your entry to spread the word. NOT REQUIRED! :)