Blogger Problems, Part 2

Blogger Problems |

1. Starting a series called Blogger Problems and then forgetting about it.

2. When you have a handful of drafts waiting to be finished but you can’t be bothered so you end up with no content for the next two weeks.

3. When you try to pull off that sultry lips-slightly-pouted, chin-tilted-upwards, eyes-turned-down look for quality moody selfies and end up looking like.

4. Taking a bad selfie and going “Yeah, I don’t remember ever being this ugly :(”

5. When other people take photos of you and they end up on the internet and you don’t look as pretty and polished as you do in selfies.

(These are real problems, guys.)

6. Knowing how much full-time bloggers make. You just sort of wonder if it’s still possible to quit your job and just blog for a living because you cannot with this goddamn daily commute anymore.

7. Always questioning the quality of your content.

8. Buying a new fancy “blog camera” only to take nothing but selfies day in, day out instead of “photos for my blog.”

9. Wishing you had a 100% DGAF attitude. Like “IDGAF if no one comments, I’m going to write and post this entry anyway!”

10. When no one comments. :(

Do you have any of yours to add? :)

• Reply Sarah October 14, 2015 at 2:35 pm

7. Always questioning the quality of your content.

Gets me every time.

• Reply Helga October 18, 2015 at 6:16 pm

And then you see people with crap content and wonder if other people think your content is crap LOL.

• Reply Jenn October 14, 2015 at 2:40 pm

#7. But but you have quality posts! And I think the fact that you’re questioning content quality means it will only get better and better!

• Reply Helga October 18, 2015 at 6:17 pm

Hahaha thanks Jenn! :)

• Reply Dani October 14, 2015 at 3:18 pm

All too real! #2, #5 and #7 – EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

• Reply Gemma October 14, 2015 at 9:01 pm

#’s 2 and 10 are the real struggle! I’m always struggling with getting motivated and staying that way even with no comments. Now when I’m in a writing mood, I try to get as much done at once as possible.

• Reply Yanie October 15, 2015 at 10:05 am

Numbers 2 and 7 are the real struggle for me. :( And 4 as well but I don’t really take selfies idk if I’m just plain ugly or it’s just that I’m not photogenic. Your selfies are really beautiful btw <3

People rarely comments on my blog because I'm just starting up and idk I wish I had enough confidence to plug or whatsoever cries

• Reply Jhecel October 15, 2015 at 10:43 am

I still have this fear that everything I write on my blog will be used against me in the future. :( Sometimes, I end up writing “safe entries”.

• Reply Rej October 15, 2015 at 1:33 pm

#3 made me laugh! Hahaha. #6 and #9 though… I live in QC but I work in Ayala so yeah… Four or more hours of my day wasted in just the commute.

• Reply Joyce October 15, 2015 at 3:11 pm

# 6 and 7!!! Every time! The struggle is real. huhuhu

• Reply Aye Laniton October 15, 2015 at 8:39 pm

#2! I have lots of drafts and unpublished stories. Huhuhu.

#6 Yep, and travel the world while blogging. My ultimate dream.

• Reply Corinth October 15, 2015 at 10:02 pm

All true!!

• Reply Louise October 15, 2015 at 11:08 pm

#2!!! And #9. I can never not give a fuck. Like how do people do it?! I care too damn much even when I say I don’t.

• Reply Karen October 16, 2015 at 9:42 am

You’re funny Helga!!! :) And I do agree with all your real life blogger problems.

• Reply Pia October 17, 2015 at 1:33 pm

I would also like to blog for a living but I don’t think I can fully commit to it. I always like having ~quality~ content, one that speaks for me so the “writer’s block” is very real. Maybe I could just get paid some cash because being a full-time blogger MIGHT take the fun out of it. I may have also developed the DGAF attitude because I’m kinda used to not getting views or comments in my posts. LOL. But yours are good so I don’t think you’d have to worry about that! <3

• Reply Alissa October 17, 2015 at 6:51 pm

OMG number 5! haha I know how this really feels. I would rather take photos of myself cuz I know my own angles and I have the control of the camera lol

• Reply astrid October 17, 2015 at 7:36 pm

But but you always get comments! Lol, everything you listed down is true though so if I might add
    11. when the blogger you like blogs something you totally relate to, and you wish you wrote it yourself. Hahaha! <3

• Reply Beauty By Tellie October 18, 2015 at 1:42 am

#11 – Relating to all of these Blogger Problems (except the camera part) but self-conscious of the legitimacy of these feelings.

• Reply Ochi October 20, 2015 at 10:53 pm

Haha lol at number 9! I don’t really care if anyone comments, I just keep posting when I’m on a roll. And end up not posting anything for months ’cause I didn’t schedule properly, hahahuhu.

Ochi | Ochi In The City

• Reply Grace June 3, 2016 at 4:34 pm

I’ve always been a silent reader of your blog Helga. Nothing in your blog screams crap. I like it because it’s not sugar-coated. You solely speak for yourself and you DGAF. I like how honest you are when it comes to voicing your opinions. There is character in your blog unlike any other blogs who only care about fancy dresses, shoes and travels. *backreading Adult life has taken its toll.

• Reply Andi September 27, 2016 at 7:29 am

#2 and #7 are on point. I was back reading then I saw this, I just had the urge to comment especially on the part 1. I am starting my blog, so I still have a regular job, and they think that bloggers are all full time na? agad agad? LOL!! I hope you can share blogging tips with me. :) Just subscribed to your awesome stuff.