Smile With Confidence With #SmilePilipinas

Smile with Confidence with #SmilePilipinas | blog.ditz-revolution.net

A recent survey named the Philippines as the fifth happiest nation in the world, but I wouldn’t think it whenever I scroll through my social media feeds filled with sultry, smoldering selfies and coy, close-lipped smiles.

For a country labelled as one of the happiest in the world, we sure don’t like showing it!

I’m totally guilty of the squinch and the smize (or attempts at it) and feigning pain, boredom, and misery for photos. I have a perpetual case of 12-year old face and serious and mysterious help me look grown-up, okay! (Sometimes, it would backfire and I’d just end up looking like someone told me I can never have cats again.)

How to look confident in photos: work that squinch

But I once knew someone who never smiled— not in photos, not in real life. Everyone thought it was so cute and so funny that she always looked ticked off but I just thought it was rude to always be scowling and looking bored.

I never liked her misery thing yet here I am, always channeling it in my photos. I try and make it a point to smile in my selfies now.

How to look confident in photos: know your angle

Do you like your teeth? Do you like your smile? I do. But REAL TALK: I’m really bad at going to the dentist every 6 months. I brush my teeth twice a day but I’m a total slacker when it comes to flossing. I have eight (!!!) teeth that need to be filled and I used to pay no attention to the type of toothbrush I use, only recently switching to the fancy Oral B Pro-Health Cross Action toothbrush.

I’m amazed my teeth are the way they are, really!

How to look confident in photos: pretend the camera is your Tinder match

Smiling is one of the most natural things we do. It’s infectious, uplifting, and is also the easiest way to express positive feelings. I also tend to be in a better mood when I’m around people who smile, while people who are all frowns and scowls bring me down. We’re told almost everyday to smile, and for good reason!

How to look confident in photos: smile with your ♥ bae ♥

I consider myself hahstag-blessed with a nice set of teeth, especially since the Philippines has the second worst rate of decayed, missing and filled teeth in Asia. Who would have thought??? Either we’re under the impression that teeth can care for themselves or many of us simply can’t afford regular visits to the dentist.

We’re seen as a happy, smiling nation but how can we stay true to our identity when oral care isn’t our priority?

How to look confident in photos: smile more

A lot of people are under the impression that caring for your teeth and gums is expensive, but it’s mostly really just a matter of having good dental habits. Something as simple as brushing your teeth properly (making sure you massage your gums), flossing regularly, or even just choosing the right toothbrush already makes a world of difference.

Of course, oral health goes beyond having a pretty smile and pearly white teeth. I read that in many cases, the mouth mirrors the condition of the body as a whole while good oral health may actually prevent certain illnesses from occurring. Poor dental health and oral diseases also affect our quality of life and lead to other health problems. Scary! It’s really about time we paid more attention to the way we treat our gums, teeth, and mouth!

Click here to learn more about #SmilePilipinas.

• Reply sayaiday November 2, 2015 at 6:26 pm

wah, what pretty teeth you have! and you have an amazing smile. Keep it that way. Hehehe :)

• Reply Sarah November 2, 2015 at 10:30 pm

I don’t have a pretty set of teeth (had braces before and wasn’t religious in wearing the retainers *facepalm*), but I do smile a lot (with teeth). I’d look constipated if I don’t.

• Reply Corinth November 5, 2015 at 6:24 am

I love the way you write sponsored posts! It’s not typical and it’s still so YOU! <3

• Reply Cora berja November 10, 2015 at 8:43 am

.bakit ang ganda mo :) like na like ko pa hair mo.. => kung nakita ko lang tong blog mo noon pa di sana di itchurang walis ang buhok ko.. anyway ittry ko mamaya mag bleach kagaya sayo. sana makisama buhok ko. hhe.. mwaah!. thank u. :-)

• Reply Ms. G January 25, 2016 at 7:19 pm

I do love to smile … and i do laugh a lot .. it makes life stress-free and lightens daily workloads .. writing just about anything under the sun .. and of course, reading books of special interests has always been a hobby and a rewarding one, i should say ..

Once, so many years back .. i had an article which, surprisingly, a local news editor found worthy of publication. It was some sort of a reaction to a newspaper article which i found unpalatable for my taste. What about ?? It was on the plight domestic helpers working as OFWs .. disregarding all of the hardwork and sacrifices just to make both ends meet .. and most importantly, being able to send siblings to get a college diploma and ultimately help augment the family income.

And now back to where we started. I do believe that a good set of teeth is essential to an ever smiling face – which is basically one of the reasons why we need to take extra care .. of dentures too
    .. as I have read in Dale Carnegie’s book “How To Win Friends and Influence People” .. we need to smile to project a friendly personality .. it may sound difficult for one so shy and aloof … but then we must also consider all its advantages .. It could get us the job we have always wanted .. It could give us a chance at very rare opportunities … A smile goes a long way …

• Reply StarGazerxX_16 February 4, 2016 at 5:52 pm

Waaaaaah! Kamukha mo si Yeng Constantino! Aren’t you her missing twin?????????

• Reply Gloria Maranan February 16, 2016 at 5:47 am

You are very pretty, especially when you smile. It’s true that the center of being beauty is the teeth…& I envy you because I don’t have good set of teeth since my childhood. My parents were so busy then with their small business & they missed everything on how to take care of the teeth.
    By the way I am 57 now & a grandmother to 5 lovely kids whom three of them have nice and shiny teeth — the other two were newly-born hoping to have good breed of teeth also.

• Reply Armaaa March 22, 2016 at 2:25 am

Your Bae looks like Siwon of Super Junior Ate ! Plus I really love ur hair and ur teeth , so perf ????