events, sponsored

Feel the Love With Whisper Skin Love

Feel the Love With Whisper Skin Love |

Getting my period sucks.

For the most part of the month, I’m okay. Sure, things can get challenging but I power through my days because I’m an adult with responsibilities. But once I start bleeding down there, it’s game over; I turn into a big baby whining about how life is unfair. On top of the things already on my plate, I now have to deal with dysmenorrhea, feeling fat and bloated, accidental stains, and ALL THE EMOTIONS! (I was PMS-ing one time and Joey gave me a playful pinch that sent me laughing and then crying within a matter of seconds). Tampons are a godsend but they’re expensive and most pads are uncomfortable, clumpy things that give me rashes.

Again: getting my period sucks. It’s the only time of the month when I could use all the help and pampering I can get.

Feel the Love With Whisper Skin Love |

Last week, I braved payday Friday the 13th traffic to attend the Whisper Skin Love launch. For those who aren’t familiar with it, Skin Love is the latest cotton pad from Whisper.

Feel the Love With Whisper Skin Love |

Feel the Love With Whisper Skin Love |

They also introduced Whisper Skin Love’s ambassador: Belle Daza!

Feel the Love With Whisper Skin Love |

Cerah: How do you pamper yourself after a long day of work?
Belle: I drunk dial my masseuse.

(LOVE her sense of humor.)

Feel the Love With Whisper Skin Love |

Belle swears by Whisper Skin Love and shares that it feels like second skin.

We’ve heard it all before— pads so thin they can make you do anything and everything but we all know that’s just advertising. I mean really: who wears tight white clothes on their period? And no one can be THAT happy when they’re bleeding down there!

SO WHAT MAKES THIS DIFFERENT FROM ALL THE OTHER PADS???, you may ask. Here’s why you should give Skin Love a shot:

It’s SOFT.

Sure, sanitary pads are soft but Whisper Skin Love is in its own league. I’ve never felt anything like it! Its Japan-designed cushiony topsheet is made with soft curly fibers that won’t irritate your crotch area. I cannot put to words how soft it is!

Skin Love’s Air Dry Cushion Topsheet allows 2x more air flow, allowing your skin to breathe. I hate pads that feel hot, stuffy, and itchy but Skin Love’s curly fibers create air pockets within the pad.

The first thing I noticed about Skin Love is that it’s skinny— as thin as a regular pantyliner! But what really won me over is that the pad pulls away the fluids to the bottom. You know how most pads keep the blood on top? Skin Love is not about that yucky business!

Feel the Love With Whisper Skin Love |

All the wetness goes to the bottom layer, away from your skin, keeping the top layer (and you!) dry and fresh. Skin Love also makes use of gel crystals which are able to hold 40x its own weight.

Whisper Skin Love comes in two variants: Day (28cm) and All Night (31cm) and a pack of 6 retails for an affordable PHP69.

Feel the Love With Whisper Skin Love |

I really want you girls to try Whisper Skin Love but I heard that it’s sold out almost everywhere. Fortunately, I’ve stocked up in advance! I’m giving away a Whisper Skin Love goody bag to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment and I’ll pick a winner at random. :)

• Reply Pia November 19, 2015 at 4:39 pm

The packaging is really pretty, too. I wanna try it! :)

• Reply Anna November 19, 2015 at 7:45 pm

I am truly SOLD! I mean with qualities like that, who wouldn’t want to get their hands on some. You need this aspect of periods to be as stress free as possible, because every other part is horrendous! I completely relate to you on going from laughter to tears in a matter of seconds – it’s such a rollercoaster of emotions.

Anna xx

• Reply Aye Laniton November 19, 2015 at 10:32 pm

It looks really pretty. :) I’m gonna try this next.

• Reply Lin rios November 20, 2015 at 10:38 am

After having my period, I’m also having rashes :( I wanna try the pads too :)

• Reply Elle Strange November 20, 2015 at 11:35 am

Been really looking for this since I saw your first post with this but I can’t find one! I’m a fan of overnight napkins even for my normal flow (which is rarely, because most of the times it’s heavy flow) because of the size. I’m a big girl so it’s rational to use bigger and longer pads. And I really want to try this! Hope to find some of this soon!

• Reply Alex Carpio November 20, 2015 at 11:42 am

I’m always on the lookout for good quality sanitary pads as I am always on the go and easily irritated. i should try this next!

• Reply Corinth November 20, 2015 at 11:46 am

I get rashes too from pads but I don’t like using tampons too much because it’s too much work! -_- I’ve tried so many pads to find the one that actually worked for me and my skin but unfortunately, I still haven’t found it. I wish that kind of pad comes out here too! There’s whisper here but I don’t know if it would the same as the ones there.

• Reply Erika Abad November 20, 2015 at 11:47 am

Would love to try it!

• Reply Yza Marzan November 20, 2015 at 12:08 pm

I get rashes from pads too. I found out that I usually get rashes there with the pad I use has a plastic-like cover (I cant explain lol I forgot what type) so I usually use the cottony-soft ones.

• Reply Kai Rafanan December 5, 2015 at 10:42 am

The package is sooooo pretty I wanna try this sooonn. I’ve been into different pads, and it sucks because it easily gets crampled after an hour or two of usage. I am looking forward of trying this soon

• Reply Liz January 14, 2016 at 11:35 am

Have you ever considered reusable products? Minky is a man-made fabric that feels amazing, and they’re better for the environment and body. There are also menstrual cups that can be reused.

I’m just curious, because you mentioned tampons, but also spoke of using pads in here.