My big comeback was supposed to be about my Bali trip but it’s taking a bit longer to put that one together. How do I recover from my unexplained long absence? I guess with a bunch of gifs…
While I was gone, I:
- Started yoga and gave up on it (so expensive). Started rowing and stuck to it (even more expensive).
- Cried oceans and swam in them.
- Lost a few relationships, 10kg of excess weight, and interest in certain things.
- Cut off some parts that no longer served me and chopped off my hair.
- Gained a ridiculous amount of unread books, a better sense of myself, and some confidence (I wear sleeveless tops and dresses now).
In writing, it seems pretty insignificant but I feel like a different person. Some days, I miss the old Helga but I’m starting to like this new version of me— a little wary (and weary, because who the hell isn’t) but also a bit more assured.
How have you been, old friend? ♥