Here is an embarrassing truth: I am bad with money. I have trouble saving and controlling my expenses. It’s the kind of thing that’s sort of okay when you’re, like, 17; it’s unacceptable, though, when you’re 25.
I was talking personal finances with lover last night and I laid out my priorities: fully pay off my credit card bill by August, save up for a new laptop, and then a new phone (maybe; I have three phones right now; one is with my dad and one just needs a new battery and a charger). I have a nice amount of money coming in soonish and I’ll be putting all of it towards my credit card bill (and can I just say that I am so excited? I was doing some manual mathematics last night while in bed— multiplication, addition, subtraction— and I got all giddy at the idea of being debt-free, it’s ridiculous) NO MATTER WHAT. I say “no matter what” because knowing myself, I’m bound to spend a little of that money on something else (like Lipofuze).
So I have a new mantra, one that I doodled all over my notebook last night and chanted to myself this morning: I will be good with money. I need to, I swear. So I can be decked out in bling and have a mouse dancing on my shoulder.
(I asked lover why he thinks I’m bad with money. He said it’s because there’s too many cute things in the world. True.)
The Most Detailed Image of Our Galaxy Ever Taken. Pretty freakin’ fantastic. Click or scroll with your mouse wheel to zoom in and out.
Massive Maya City Revealed by Lasers. Sometimes, I wish I were an archaeologist instead. Or a tomb raider.
Fish with hands! Nine Fish With “Hands” Found to Be New Species. How awesome are these guys?! I wanna put them in pokeballs and train them for battles.
Denim Disasters: The Ugliest Jeans, Ever. Entertaining.
This is what I call my Happiness Platter: hotdogs, Ma Ling (pork luncheon meat, a lot like Spam but yummier!), and eggs. I had this Saturday afternoon while nursing a hangover (as usual, I was in my couch watching old episodes of TV shows on my DVD player that I got from circuit city hrhrhrhr). Breakfast food is my comfort food; it’s terribly unhealthy but I can’t resist and it does make me feel better. Or at least less hungover. Ice cold Gatorade also helps me a lot.
What about you guys, what do you usually eat to cure your hangover?
The 7 foods experts won’t eat. A few in the list: canned tomatoes (ooh), microwaved popcorn (uh-oh), and conventional apples.
Too unfit to run: Two-year-old who smokes 40 cigarettes a day puffs away on a toy truck.
His mother, Diana, 26, wept: ‘He’s totally addicted. If he doesn’t get cigarettes, he gets angry and screams and batters his head against the wall. He tells me he feels dizzy and sick.’
Ardi will smoke only one brand and his habit costs his parents Â£3.78 a day in Musi Banyuasin, in Indonesia’s South Sumatra province.
But in spite of this, his fishmonger father Mohammed, 30, said: ‘He looks pretty healthy to me. I don’t see the problem.’
How ridiculous is this?! I would like to know how a two-year old child learned to smoke and where he got his first cigarette from. How is this even possible?! Why hasn’t this child been taken away from his parents?! Too many interrabangs, I know, but I’m just in disbelief.
carinsurancelist. You know, just in case you guys are looking to get free insurance quotes online and in minutes.
Addicted to fat: Blame it on Evolution! Benj explains why “If fat does have really bad effects on the human body, why is it so hard to resist the temptation?”
1) Lists. Lists are easy and, when you have enough things to list down, makes for a passable blog entry. I’m lazy these days and prefer to no longer write extensively about my thoughts and how I feel, online. I feel like there’s enough of me and how my mind operates out there and that maybe it’s about time to hold back a little.
Orrr maybe I’ve just become boring. That must be it.
2) Kitties! And my pops, of course. They’re very adorable.
3) Milo, or any chocolate drink for that matter. A cold glass of it keeps me full for a few hours after lunch, tiding me over ’til dinner time. I know it’s kind of fattening so I have to keep myself from chugging down more than a glass and maybe only drink it every other day.
4) The internet! Where else can I read about prenatal vitamins at 3 in the morning?
5) Hootsuite.com. My Echofon for Firefox stopped working when I updated to the latest version some weeks ago (even after uninstalling and re-installing it) and I’m too lazy to get Tweetdeck working so I’ve been using this browser-based Twitter client. I quite like it.